HOW TO AVOID CAR RENTAL SCAMS
We’ve had a scammer posing as a sales person from our company just before Chinese New Year in 2020 and it made us really mad but we justified it by saying imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! Afterall, we don’t call ourselves Singapore best car rental for nothing. In the end, we found his advertisement on Telegram and exposed his scams (thanks to a heads up from a kind customer). We hope none of our customers were affected by rental scams.
We have compiled some simple tips to spot and avoid scams:
- Check the validity of the bank account you are transferring your deposit to. Call the office and ask if you have to. Typically, scams involve getting customers to transfer money to their personal account.
- Ask for more pictures of the cars. Legitimate companies will be able to produce more photos of the actual car for rent. Beware of people using generic stock photos to sell their vehicle.
- Insist on getting official agreement bearing company header with terms and conditions clearly stated. Avoid word of mouth agreements.
- Check the vehicle’s log card to verify the ownership of the vehicle. Illegally sublet vehicles do not have insurance coverage for non-registered drivers.
We don’t wish for our current customers to fall in suchs scams, so please follow some of this tips we have provided:
- Our sales team uses the numbers 91380218, 91381928, and 84888000. If you receive any messages from any other numbers, do drop us a call at 67343438 to verify its validity.
- We only accept advance payments to our corporate accounts via PayNow and iBank. No transfer to any personal bank accounts.
- All credit card payment links are sent via the official sales team’s numbers.
- Our team members will be wearing the company t-shirt bearing our logo. If you receive a car from somebody not wearing our logo, do call us at 67343438 to confirm if that person is an authorised representative.
Let’s all help to eliminate car rental scams and change the perception of the rental industry!
Read our reviews:
- Google: https://business.google.com/reviews/l/00071856899802440256
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/ridenowsg/reviews
- DriveSG: https://www.drive.sg/partners/RIDE-NOW-PRIVATE-LIMITED
- SGCarMart: https://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=16408
- We are also ranked top 10 car rental service in Singapore: https://tallypress.com/singapore-top-10s/top-10-car-rental-services-in-singapore/
- Singapore Best Car Rental: https://www.bestinsingapore.co/car-rental-singapore/#8_Ride_Now
Love, Ride Now Team
Singapore Best Car Rental
WHY PEOPLE LOVE US
The whole process from renting the car to returning it was hassle free and went really smoothly! The staff of... read moreCharlton Song2/28/2022
I had rented from this company for 4 years. Up till today, the company staff, Travis and team did not... read morealdon chua1/21/2022
5-star service! Travis attended to me quickly and promptly, and the entire car rental process - I got a Honda... read moreMad Go8/21/2021
First time renting a car, was met with good and fast service in clarifying any doubts and with the car.... read moreMeng Wee7/21/2021
Great information, and best quick replies!! (compared to some other car rental companies i texted)I recommend (:De Day7/21/2021
Good place to rent car especially for probation driver.. Wide selection of cars to choose from.. Price was affordable n... read moreFirdaus Asnan7/21/2021
Good place to rent car especially for probation driver.. Wide selection of cars to choose from.. Price was affordable n... read moreFirdaus Asnan7/20/2021
First time renting from an actual automobile company, as I've always been using car-sharing services. They are transparent with their... read moreJay Zee6/21/2021
Really friendly and earnest people. Their service was quick and gave very good advices too. Will definitely be my preferred workshop.Jason Wong6/21/2021
The experience was really good from pre booking to post booking. Process was smooth and the car I rented was... read moreKhai Cher Lim4/21/2021
I have been using Ride Now for years now. Travis and his colleagues including his technicians have been really helpful... read moreDaniel Poh4/19/2021
Initially booked for 3 days as it was my first time renting. I was amazed by how quick the services... read moreMID BS3/12/2021
Recommended by my friend to visit this place and I have to say the service is indeed top notch. Staff... read moreJasper Goh3/11/2021
Royston and his team of mechanic did a great job in servicing my car.I bought a 2nd Prius C and... read morelim yong sheng3/05/2021
Efficient, fast service, overall a pleasure dealing with pinpointing and fixing issues with the ride. Good pricing too. Highly recommended!Pravin Lokarajan3/05/2021
Rented a van from Ride Now. Team was very fast at checking the van. Good condition, competitive pricing and clean... read moreJason Goh3/02/2021
First time bring car to Ride now for 60k servicing instead of the PI appointed workshop. Very pleasant experience there.... read moreauron goh3/01/2021
Did all my servicing at this workshop. Trustworthy and transparent. After I changed vehicle, I went back again to get... read moreAnthony Lim3/01/2021
Been renting with them for over 3 years keep changing car whenever I want 🤭. Big thumbs up to Travis... read moreMohamad Hanifi2/23/2021
Very friendly and responsive customer service team with impeccable service. Thank you Travis and team once again!Bryan Wong1/24/2021
Highly recommended. One of the best if not the best car rental in SG. Travis is the guy to look... read moreJavin Lim1/04/2021
The best place to rent a car.. Been renting car since the day i got my license.. Friendly, socialable and... read morehondaboy 0812/24/2020
Cars are very well maintained and excellent customer service going all out catering customer's request!Ryan Lee11/24/2020
Professional, friendly and honest..
1. Decide to rent a Toyata Axio for 3days. Reasonable price offered. Mr Travis promptly reply all... read moreSamer Soride11/19/2020
So far so good, returning the car was fast and easy, the lift to the place is the huge ass... read moreDoge LeShibe10/24/2020