UPDATED: 11 June 2020
The terms and conditions is made between Ride Now Pte Ltd (herein referred as “the Owner”) and the person agreeing to the terms and conditions (herein referred to as “the Hirer”). It is hereby agreed as follows:
- The Hirer states that he/she is physically and legally qualified to operate the above-described vehicle.
- The Hirer is responsible to ensure his driving license is valid at any point of time during the rental. In the event the Hirer license is revoked, it is the duty of Hirer to inform the Owner immediately
USE OF VEHICLE
- Hirer acknowledge that the vehicle which he has rented from the Owner will not be used for speeding, overseas usage or any unlawful activity. Whilst the vehicle is in his possession and is driven in or outside of Singapore if applicable, he will be held fully responsible for any, but not limited to, vehicular accident, damages, lose, fire or theft caused to this vehicle.
- The vehicle is strictly for use in SINGAPORE only and is not allowed to be driven out of Singapore without prior consent from the Owner.
- No speeding, reckless driving, racing or any illegal activities shall be carried out during the use of this vehicle. The Owner reserves the rights to repossess the vehicle with additional S$3,000/- compensation and any other cost incurred, if any.
- The hirer is liable for full cost of repair & other losses suffered by the Owner should the vehicle be found damaged or stolen while being driven by unauthorized drivers.
- Only the hirer or any authorized driver may use the vehicle. If another driver apart from the hirer or authorized driver is found using the vehicle, The Owner will have the right to repossess the vehicle stated above and the hirer will be held fully responsible for any, but not limited to, vehicular accident, damages, loss, fire, or theft caused to this vehicle.
- Should the vehicle be involved in any traffic offences during the period, the hirer agrees to be liable for any issues with the vehicle that arise under your care and agree to pay all fines levied or imposed from any government or semi-government authorities.
- All hired vehicles have to refuel using unleaded 95/98 or V power, unless it is a diesel vehicle.
- Smoking, food consumption or transportation of pets is not allowed in the rented vehicle. Hirer will bear the cost of any cleaning services required if car is dirty.
ACCIDENT AND INSURANCE
- If the vehicle stated above meets with an accident, the hirer or authorized driver has to inform The Owner immediately. No repair is to be done without The Owner’s approval. If the hirer or authorized driver is found towing and/or repairing the rented vehicle at any unauthorized workshop, a penalty of S$3,000/- will be imposed.
Breakdown Helpline (24 hours) : 9668 8329
- Any damage, which includes physical damage or any general damage, to the rented vehicle, will be borne by the hirer and payment of repair cost has to be made immediately unless any other alternative arrangements is made with The Owner.
- The vehicle is covered by only 3rd party insurance.
Category Full liability:
3rd party excess per accident
Singapore SGD3500/- Malaysia SGD5000/- For drivers with any of the following condition(s):
a) 22 years old and below
b) 65 years old and above
c) with less than 2 years driving experience in Singapore regardless of age
- The hirer has to take responsibility for any damage to the rented vehicle, as it is not covered under the 3rd party insurance scheme.
- Hirer or authorized driver has to report to The Owner any accident, whether severe or minor, within 24 hours, after which the agreed excess amount has to be paid in full to The Owner. If the hirer fails to report any accident, insurance may repudiate the case and all claims will be reported directly against Hirer.
- In the event of an accident, the Hirer shall:
- take photos of the accident scene (lane markings to be visible) BEFORE moving the vehicle;
- record vehicle registration numbers, IC photos and contact numbers of the parties involved and of any witnesses around;
- not admit fault or liability;
- not abandon the vehicle without adequate provision for safeguarding and securing the vehicle;
- notify the Owner immediately; and
- make a police report if any party suffers injury
- The maintenance and wear and tear of the vehicle will be borne by The Owner. If there is any problem due to wear and tear or vehicle breakdown, the driver is to report to The Owner immediately and seek advice/permission before proceeding to fix the issue.
- The hirer agrees that the following does not constitute as a breakdown: punctured tyres, empty petrol tank, discharged/flat battery, steering wheel locked, loss of keys, keys locked in vehicle, or any other breakdown not due to vehicle’s maintenance or wear and tear. In the event of such misfortune, a nominal fee of $20-$300 will be charged for on-site assistance.
- Failure to turn up for scheduled service and maintenance work may result in damages of the vehicle. The Owner reserves its right to demand for the appropriate compensation from the Hirer for any repair cost resulted from the failure to turn up for the service and maintenance work.
- The driver must take note of the engine temperature at all times (the temperature should not exceed the middle mark between cold and hot). If the engine temperature is higher than the middle mark, the driver is to report to The Owner immediately, otherwise damages to the vehicle due to overheating will be considered hirer’s negligence and any repair and any miscellaneous cost shall be borne by the hirer.
RETURN OF VEHICLE
- The hirer or authorized driver needs to return the vehicle fuel at the same level he/she rented from The Owner otherwise a charge of S$25/- will be charged to the hirer or authorized driver for every quarter of whole petrol tank used. There is no refund for any additional fuel returned.
- Vehicle is handed over clean and it should be returned clean. If vehicle is returned dirty, a nominal charge of S$10/- shall be collected.
- The Owner will not be responsible for loss of or damage to personal belongings and the contents therein (including any valuables, even if we have been advised) during storage or during the disposal process caused and you hereby release The Owner from any liability in respect thereof.
- A surcharge of S$10 (30 minutes), S$20 (1 hour) shall be levied on any vehicle returned after the stipulated returning timing.
- There will be no refunds of rental for any returns before the stipulated return date and time.
Should there be any breaches to any of the above clauses, The Owner reserves the right to repossess the vehicle–along with any personal belongings in the vehicle–without any refund of rental and/or deposit with a compensation of SGD$3000.00/- imposed.